Raccoons are animals that present a disturbing situation and getting rid of them as quickly as time permits is the best idea ever. Raccoons are special animals, they are smart, adorable and can create a great company but on the other hand, they are not that friendly. Once confronted, they can turn vicious. Also they carry dangerous diseases among other things like they can destroy your property.
Where raccoons find shelter in human dwellings
Mostly, raccoons are classified as pest because of their activities once they acquire a place in the human dwelling. In most cases, the raccoons will be found in the following areas:
• Raccoons dwelling in the attic.
• Raccoons living in the chimney.
• Raccoons living in the basement.
These are the most common areas in the human dwelling where the raccoons will find their shelter. Once there, they will do all sorts of thing and the worst case scenario being dying there themselves.
Getting a free removal
In most cases, for a raccoon to be removed, you have to do it yourself or order a professional service at a fee. Most people however in fear of the raccoons turning against them would prefer the professional service. However, this comes at a cost. If you report a raccoon infestation to the county administration, there is a great likelihood that they will do at no cost. But if your guts permit you, you can do yourself.
Removing the raccoon yourself
The process of removing the raccoons yourself is a fun one but also a dangerous one. The raccoons may turn against you and therefore, you have to be very careful on removing it. You can do the following to get rid of the coons;
• Trapping-this is one of the most common method that you can use to help yourself out in dealing with the coon problem. You can set up traps in places where you suspect the raccoons to be dwelling. Trapping is the only humane method there is of getting the raccoon out of your yard or house without harming it physically of mentally. Therefore, set the traps the location where you suspect the coons behavior and regularly check for a catch.
• Getting a service provider who may offer to get rid of the raccoon freely may be hard and therefore, if you want to get the raccoons out yourself, you may need to learn a thing or two about removing the coon yourself. The only rare case is when there is an infestation in your house.
Go back to the Noises in the Attic home page.