Are you one of those who say Rats are beautiful animals? If you notice what is happening today, most people have started taking rats as they pets and therefore, this shows that rats are becoming closer and closer with the human interactions. However, there are at points where the rats become a nuisance around the house in that they will make noises that are so disturbing and therefore, this makes you lack the peace of mind at night or when you are busy. Thus you need to find a solution, but before that, there is need that you get to learn the noises that the rats make.
What type of noises do rats make?
Rats sometimes make noises known as chittering or bruxing noises and mostly, this will happen if the rats are chattering their teeth. Conditions that may lead to these kinds of noises are:
• When rats are happy, they will chatter their teeth.
• Excitement also causes the rats to chatter their teeth.
• Discomfort will also cause the rats to chatter their teeth.
• Illness will also cause the animal to chatter.
• Pain can also cause the rats to chatter their teeth.
These are the conditions where the rats may cause the rats to chitter or brux. Depending on the condition in the house, the rat’s sound may be coming from different location and also, availability of some resources may push an animal towards a certain location.
How to control the noises
Noises may cause discomfort to you especially where you need a peace of mind. Therefore, you need to control the noises. Here is how to control the noises from the rats:
• You need to control the number of rats in the house and how to do so is by trapping the rats in the house. Poisoning also makes an effect of reducing the number of rats in the house.
• Covering all the entry points in the house. This is an effective strategy in controlling the animals from entering the house.
• Providing escape routes for the animal. Escape routes are points in the house where the animal may go out through but never coming in.
All these are possible solution to control the animal from coming in and controlling their spread in the house.
Rats will make noises and depending on different circumstances prevailing in the house. Therefore, in-case you notice chattering noises in the house, then you should probably know that you are dealing with a rat problem.
Go back to the Noises in the Attic home page.